Who knew that peanut butter, chocolate and a little crunchy salty goodness would create such bliss? I did! I stumbled upon 17 and Baking, and knew that I had to make these stacks, STAT! And I just so happened to have all the ingredients. How convenient! They were extremely easy to make, they’re so good, and quite fun, too.
Let’s hit it!
Materials (for approximately 50 sandwiches)
1 cup creamy peanut butter
2 tsp butter (I used Earth Balance)
2/3 cup powdered sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 tsp vanilla extract (I used 1/2 tsp vanilla paste)
12 oz. bittersweet chocolate chips
1. Beat the butter and peanut butter until smooth and creamy.
2. Add the sugars and vanilla, and mix well– until filling is smooth, but thick enough to handle.
3. Scoop peanut butter mixture between your palms, roll into balls, and sandwich between two pretzels. Repeat this until your limiting reagent runs out. Place sandwiches on a plate and freeze for about 15 minutes.
4. In the meantime, melt the chocolate chips in a non-stick boiler on very low heat.
5. Dip each pretzel sammie into chocolate, and place back onto the plate. Return the plate to the freezer and allow the chocolate to set (about 15 minutes). Store in refrigerator until ready to serve. Or place directly into mouth.
They may look sinful, but my math yielded about 65-70 calories per piece. Only.